ALLEN WOOD, JR.
1504 WEST CLAIBORNE EXTENDED
GREENWOOD, MISSISSIPPI 38930
Greenwood, Mississippi 8/20/43
Family: Three Children, nine grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren
Greenwood City Schools, Graduated, 1961, Bowling Green Business University, Bowling Green, Kentucky, 1961 – June 1962
Mississippi State University, Graduated with BS in Accounting and minor in Philosophy, June 1963 – January 1965.
Various professional schools and seminars:
Member of Alpha Kappa Psi and Beta Gamma Sigma Honorary Fraternities, Mississippi State University. Pi Tau Nu local social fraternity, Bowling Green.
Civic Activities: Present or Past Positions:
- Present Chairman Emeritus of Board of Directors for United Methodist Ministries to Children and Families (Methodist Childrens’ Home in Mississippi). Present Secretary. (total service, 1987 – present).
- Past Chairman of Board of Directors for United Methodist Ministries to Children and Families (Methodist Childrens’ Home in Mississippi).
- Past Guest Lecturer, Mississippi State University (entrepreneurial and management development, College of Engineering).
- Past member of Strategic Planning Commission for Greenwood Public School System.
- Past Chairman of BIPEC (Mississippi’s Business and Industry Political Education Committee). A former member of BIPEC Executive Committee.
- Past member Delta Council Transportation Committee.
- Past member MEC CIT (Communications Information Technologies) Committee.
- Past holder of various offices in Greenwood Leflore Chamber of Commerce.
- Past President of the Greenwood Leflore Foundation for the Arts.
- Past Chairman of Greenwood Leflore Library Board.
- Past Chairman of the Presidential Advisory Board for Mississippi Valley State University.
- Past member of Board of Directors for Greenwood Leflore Recreation Center.
- Past Director and Vice Chairman of Greenwood Leflore Economic Development Foundation.
- Past Director and Officer in the Junior Chamber of Commerce, Cancer Foundation, Boys Club, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Kiwanis Club, etc.
- Past President of the Greenwood Leflore Adult Literacy Foundation.
- Past Treasurer and member of Board of Directors for “A+ for Greenwood” Educational Foundation.
- Past member of Board of Directors of Main Street U.S.A.
Past member (multiple terms) of the Vestry and Vestry Finance Committee, Episcopal Church of the Nativity, Greenwood, Mississippi.
Past Treasurer and Chairman of Finance Commission (multiple).
- Past member of Board of Directors: Trustmark National Bank, Jackson, Mississippi. Past member of Wealth Management Committee. Past member of Board of Directors, Trustmark Corporation, Past member of Audit Committee. 1990 – 2012
- Past Member of Advisory Board of Directors: Trustmark National Bank, Greenwood offices. 1979 – 2013.
- Past member of Board of Directors of First Federal Savings and Loan Association, Greenwood, Mississippi. 1976 – 1979
- Present Teacher: Delta Streets Academy and Carroll Academy.
- Present Proprietor: Wood Investments. Real Estate Rental and Mortgage Banking activities plus private Business Management Consulting Services.
- Retired (4/09) Managing Member: Pemberton Mortgage and Investments, LLC (50% interest); Real Estate and Mortgage Banking activities.
- Retired (4/09) Managing Partner: John Richard Investments, LLP and related companies (50% interest); Real Estate and Mortgage Banking activities.
- Past Certified Instructor. Delta State Univ. (Small Business Development Center).
- Past founding member and secretary of NEC National Dealers Association. (represented NEC telecommunications equipment dealers with the manufacturer).
- Past member of the MultiMedia Telecommunications Association’s (MMTA) Network Services Workgroup Steering Committee.
- Past President and CEO, Scientific Telecommunications, Inc. (Telecommunications equipment and network services vendor with offices in Tupelo, Greenwood, Jackson, and Hattiesburg). Sold to ITC^DeltaCom in August 1999.
- Past Director, Systems Division, ITC^DeltaCom (network and equipment telecommunications services). 1999 – 2005.
- Past owner and CEO of Gene-Allen Buick Company, Greenwood, Mississippi.
- Past member of Board of Directors: Mississippi Automobile Dealers Association
- Past Member of Bell South ASR Steering Committee (founding member). Representing approximately 110 distributors with BellSouth Corporation.
Writing. Author of one book, Please Listen To Me, and various publications.
Music: Listening, studying, and performing (percussionist).